Sunday, November 15, 2009

powdered laundry detergent

My personal powdered laundry detergent recipe:

1 bag Foca biodegradable powdered laundry detergent ($3)

1 4lb box 20 Mule Team Borax ($4)

1 small box of baking soda (0.50)

Mix everything together and thoroughly in a container large enough to hold it all. Use it by the tablespoon. 1tbsp for small loads, 2tbsp for medium/small load, 3tbsp for medium/large load, and 4tbsp for large loads. I usually add extra baking soda for smell-ier stuff, a litte extra of the laundry detergent for dirtier stuff, and I also add white vinegar in the bleach reservoir for softness. **Note the reaction between the baking soda and vinegar is very minimal and I haven’t had a problem with it foaming excessively or with a vinegar smell** I have a family of 5 currently using this and it lasts us about 5 weeks.
**going to try this it is from a bloggy friend linked on the title

No comments: